Loretta Thai Boyd Journal Entry Blog Post #2


Journal Entry
August 29 - 30, 1862

War has change the lives of many, my stay at Clara Barton’s home has been lively, I realise I have met a very astounding person. With her, I started to get my grip together and started helping out in the war. Thirteen months after a Confederate victory at Bull Run, both armies return to the same battle ground for a second round of fighting. I have to say I am not quite surprise that the North fail, so many casualties and non experience recruits. This made me realise that not only will this war continue on longer, lives of many are in jeopardy. Not only was the battle that was taking lives, a fatal disease of the human intestines, usually caused by unsanitary conditions of military camp and ballet sites call dysentery, has contribute to the cause of killing people. So many problems has been popping up that I realise that I can’t continue on helping others when my futile attempts is not contributing enough. That is why I join with Clara Barton and her organization. I have to say I have been feeling quite happy to know I am much of more help in this organization. Clara’s Barton home is basically a hospital, many supplies that have been use from the war is from Clara Barton. With the help from Senator Henry Wilson of Massachusetts, together they advertise soldier’s need on newspaper. Many people send donation to help the soldier who is fighting in the war. I can’t help, but feel proud, for even though the people are not fighting the war they are at least helping by donating. At last the time has come where I have to wrap things up, till I write again, my adventure is not over just yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter Home(Enlistment) : Alfred A. Scales

A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales