Letter home to my beloved parents

Dear Mother, Mary

I've been missing you a lot lately and if you didn't know, President Lincoln asked for 75,000 men to join his army and I feel like this will raise my chances into bringing the south back into the union because if we succeed and become victorious over the south they'll have to join back. You and dad would always talk about how slavery wasn't legally right and should eventually be stopped and I've kept that in mind when I decided to Join Lincolns army, I partially agree with you two but the more important thing we need to do is bring the south back because states seceding shouldn't be legal and it isn't right. Another thing to mention is 5 days after Lincoln announced his need for people to join his army, the first casualties occurred and surprisingly they didn't occur on a battlefield but in the city of Baltimore. From what i have heard, soldiers were marching towards Washington D.C. and some citizens tried to stop them which led to shots being fired from each side. A total of 11 people were killed and it's a little violent here but I promise you i'll stay safe. Tell Frank that I love him and I really miss Albany, New York, maybe i'll come visit sometime but I love you both dearly and stay safe.

Nelson McCook 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter Home(Enlistment) : Alfred A. Scales

A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales