A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales

Dear Sally,



I am doing very well, and I'm glad that you are too. I am sure you have heard about the battle of bull run. I cant believe we lost. War is getting a bit more difficult, because we are in a new age of Naval warfareMr. Grant (union General) had us an early victory at Ft. Henry. However, I heard this was one of the most bloodiest battles. I also heard that total casualties was up to 23,000 people. Grant beat the confederates under the command of General Albert Sidney Johnson. I can't wait till we win this war! like I've said in the letter before I am willing to loose my life for the sake of preserving this union. This is the end of my letter dear, very sad I could not write more. I hope you and the boys do well back home, and I cant wait for us to win. Just you wait, the south will never see us comin'.




Sincerely, 
Alfred A. Scales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter Home(Enlistment) : Alfred A. Scales