1861 Letter home: Nicole Scales

Dear Sally,

I'm not doing very well, we lost the battle of Bull Run. I can't believe that we lost to a bunch of southern confederates. I know for a fact that we will hit them ten times harder the next battle. Just you wait dear, i'll be home in no time. I heard we are getting a new chief, his name is George McClellan. The boys here call him "little mac". We have an elite force now because of him. I wish to be better then him soon. Battle will be bit easier because we have an new age of naval ships. I hope we can use this against the south soon. Like i said before, I hope i come home soon. I hope you are doing well, until next time. 

Sincerely,
Alfred A Scales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter Home(Enlistment) : Alfred A. Scales

A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales