Loretta Thai Boyd Blog Post 1865

April 261865

Dear  Loren Boyd,
President Lincoln has been assassinated, just when the war has just ended, somebody couldn’t keep their pettiness to themselves. President Lincoln was at Ford’s Theater watching a performance call “Our American Cousin,” I have to say this assassination is quite ironic. Killing someone because of their lost, during this performance, if it was any other play, I would’ve thought differently. Not only that the person who assassinated Lincoln is none other than actor John Wilkes Booth. The Federal troops set the barn ablaze to force the actor to come out. While trying to escape, Sergeant Boston Corbett, shot without orderkilling the actor. I feel quite bad for Lincoln’s wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, I would have been devastated to witness my own husband death. Everybody is devastated especially when they should be celebrating now that the war is over. I can’t help but feel very tired, now that the war is over. So many casualty, many people was lost, when I almost lose all hope that the war will never end I can’t help but feel surprise everything is over. Anyway I will be home soon, make sure to take care of father and keep yourself healthy, until then.

Love,
Loretta Thai Boyd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales

Loretta Thai Boyd Blog Post Number 1 1861