1863 scales

Dear Sally,



     How are you? Have you heard of the president's proclamation to free slaves. Former slaves must be really happy with that idea, me, I could go either way.  I can't believe Lee won at Chancellorsville, we need a better leader. I heard this was Lee's greatest victory... pfft.  I heard about the draft law going on, hopefully the boys are enlisted so they can prove themselves.  However if they do get drafted hopefully they don't get injured. I wish my boys they best of luck. I hope you are doing wonderful, have you heard of the Thanksgiving proclamation. I will hopefully be able to go back home and eat a nice feast. I'm very sorry I can't make this any longer. I am doing fine, I hope you are too. Until next time dear.






Sincerely,
Alfred Scales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter Home(Enlistment) : Alfred A. Scales

A letter home 1862 : Nicole Scales